20. September 2011 10:34
We wanted for one of our web sites a binding like https://www.example.com but in iis7 manager I was not able to add a hostname for the https:
If this is completed it looks like this:
But I needed a real hostname. with some time searching the web I found a solution using the appcmd.
If I run a cmd with appcmd.exe or write a .cmd I was able to have my host binding with https.
appcmd.exe set site /site.name:”example.com" /+bindings.[protocol='https',bindinginformation='*:443:www.example.com’]
I added a second line for docs.example.com
and that’s what Iv got:
Of course I had to remove the empty hostname. So only www. + docs. were reachable thru https
my .cmd looked like this :
C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set site /site.name:"example.com" /-bindings.[protocol='https',bindinginformation='*:443:'] /+bindings.[protocol='https',bindinginformation='*:443:www.example.com'] /+bindings.[protocol='https',bindinginformation='*:443:docs.example.com']
So I removed the standard binding an added my wanted ones.
But be aware that at this point there is no ssl certificate selected for this hostnames.
7. September 2011 23:08
In most of our projects we use Continuous Integration (CIS) for test purposes and sometimes also for automated deployment to our web servers.
Recently, we had some problems with our new Todo Management project. During local development, we use Visual Studio 2010 for our projects to build. But our Team City continuous integration server (CIS) uses MSBuild to build our projects before we publish it.
After finishing the setup as usual for the Team City CIS, the automated deployment worked fine but the website threw the exception shown in this stack trace:
Server Error in '/' Application.
No constructors on type 'Teamaton.TodoCore.Repositories.TodoRepositoryJson' can be found with 'Public binding flags'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: No constructors on type 'Teamaton.TodoCore.Repositories.TodoRepositoryJson' can be found with 'Public binding flags'.
[Remark: TodoRepositoryJson is an old implementation of ITodoRepository that has been replaced by a different implementation,TodoRepositoryDb, by now. The old impl is still part of the project but only used explicitly where needed.]
After using Publish on a local machine with VS2010 and a quick copy-paste deployment to the web server the website was running fine. To verify the problem outside the CIS, I built the project on my local machine also with MSBuild and copy’n’pasted the DLLs to the server. The website now showed the same error.
The problem seems to be that VS2010 and MSBuild generate different DLLs from the same source code.
Hope to find the source for that problem soon…
26. April 2011 10:13
Every few days our servers try to block our daily workflow with tricky errors or strange behavior.
Here a example from the evil SQL-Server express:
On of my colleagues run into this problem last week. He could not login into the Microsoft SQL Management Studio and the error message was:
He was logged in at one of our Servers with admin rights but the login didn’t work.
He logged in like
Then he asked me for a hint to this problem and I wondered why not simply put the servername instead the ip. if you logging in from a external source you have to use the ip if the service is running and the right ports are open.
So he tried
And voila, he got logged in… the day was saved.
But the battle between admin-good and server-evil will go on…
10. March 2011 12:46
We are running a Team City Continuous Integration Server (CIS) Version 6.x for our integration tests and yesterday i had some trouble restoring a Backup i had created some minutes before. I have tried a few times but the error message was
Looking at the Jetbrains documentation for the TeamCity 6.x was no help.
After some Try&Error on a Virtual Machine i deleted all buildserver.* files in the ‘C:\Users\Administrator\.BuildServer\system’ path.
And finally i got the Database restored!
(The picture above was shot after the migration of the database from internal to MS SQL 2008 express. So the target DB is not the same)
26. January 2011 22:22
For one of our internal projects I was looking for another tool beside selenium for automated frontend testing in .NET.
And after some research around the web I decided to give WatiN a try and installed the TestRecorder on one of our virtual machines. a windows server 2008.
On the Video on http://watintestrecord.sourceforge.net/ it looked very simple to use but after the instalation of the TestRecorder it stuck at the start with this error message:
After a click on the continue-button the WatiN TestRecorder started anyway but I was not able to run it like shown in the video. There were some buttons missing. I wasnt able to run it in any form.
I spend some time searching the documentation and the internet but wasnt able to fix the installation. So i decided to stop it and will test again with selenium. Mabye WatiN will get a second chance sometime but for now it is selenium…